Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

peonies

Here are the peonies from my garden which inspired the name of my blog.  I had the opportunity to visit Claude Monet's famous gardens in Giverny, France.  Two of his famous quotes are, "I'm busy gardening, it will give me flowers to paint on rainy days" and "More than anything I must have flowers always, always."  I don't really enjoy gardening that much, but I love to watch the flowers pop open each year.  Isn't it amazing that it takes ants to open up the peonies?


2 comments:

  1. We can almost smell those flowers, BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, I love everything you've posted so far. Here's another Monet quote from "The Blue Butterfly", a book about Monet. "Perhaps I owe it to flowers to be a painter". I'm so glad that I was your companion on our trip to Giverny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...