Friday, January 23, 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Merry Christmas to all of my blogging friends and faithful followers. Thanks for sticking with me all these years!
*One of our family's traditions is to make White Peppermint Hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. Enjoy the recipe!
4 Cups 1% low-fat milk
7 hard peppermint candies, crushed
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ tsp peppermint extract
4 hard peppermint candies
1 Tbsp light-colored corn syrup
6 Tbsp frozen fat-free whipped topping
1. Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until warm (do not boil!)
2. Add crushed peppermint candies, stirring until candies dissolve.
3. Add white chocolate, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cook until tiny bubbles form around the edge of the pan (do not boil), stirring constantly with a whisk.
4. Remove from heat, stir in peppermint extract.
5. Coarsely crush 2 peppermint candies; set aside.
6. Finely crush remaining 2 peppermint candies.
7. Coat rims of 3-6 mugs with corn syrup.
8. Place finely crushed peppermint candies into a saucer; dip rim of each mug into candies to coat.
9. Pour 2/3 cup of hot chocolate into each mug; top each serving with 1 Tbsp whipped topping. Sprinkle 2 coarsely crushed candies evenly over topping.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
I know we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but I'm starting to get excited to decorate for Christmas. My neighbor has her tree up, and I am officially in the mood for all the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas. I promise I will wait until after Thanksgiving to do anything about it though! :)
Since I'm thinking ahead about gifts, I thought I would share something that I did last year that went over really well. Before you think it requires a lot of kneading and rising, think again. These beautiful loaves of bread are Rhodes frozen pre made loaves! So, all that is required is sticking them in a bread pan to raise, and then baking. I tied each bag with a ribbon and attached a card with the scripture reference to Jesus being the bread of life...
"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life. He that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:35
I also included a link to some of my favorite Bible videos. Who doesn't love a loaf of freshly baked bread? ;) And, if you are really in a hurry, you can use my rapid rise method using a heating pad!