Saturday, February 21, 2015
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Merry Christmas to all of my blogging friends and faithful followers. Thanks for sticking with me all these years!
*One of our family's traditions is to make White Peppermint Hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. Enjoy the recipe!
4 Cups 1% low-fat milk
7 hard peppermint candies, crushed
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ tsp peppermint extract
4 hard peppermint candies
1 Tbsp light-colored corn syrup
6 Tbsp frozen fat-free whipped topping
1. Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until warm (do not boil!)
2. Add crushed peppermint candies, stirring until candies dissolve.
3. Add white chocolate, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cook until tiny bubbles form around the edge of the pan (do not boil), stirring constantly with a whisk.
4. Remove from heat, stir in peppermint extract.
5. Coarsely crush 2 peppermint candies; set aside.
6. Finely crush remaining 2 peppermint candies.
7. Coat rims of 3-6 mugs with corn syrup.
8. Place finely crushed peppermint candies into a saucer; dip rim of each mug into candies to coat.
9. Pour 2/3 cup of hot chocolate into each mug; top each serving with 1 Tbsp whipped topping. Sprinkle 2 coarsely crushed candies evenly over topping.