Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trash to Treasure

Our basement is only partially finished, and I have big plans for one of the rooms.  It already has two sofas, an end table, and an electric fireplace (that I picked up for $10 at a yard sale last year).  I plan on turning it into the teenage hangout room.  I really wanted to find a big coffee table so that the kids could sit on the sofas and play card games.  So you can imagine how excited I was when I found this cool round one at a yard sale for $3!






Of course, it needed some work...
 
I sanded it a bit and then coated it with a few coats of my standard white paint (simply white by Benjamin Moore, except I always color match it at Walmart because it's cheaper).  I'm happy with the results and can't wait to get the "hangout" room done.








I'm trying to decide whether or not I should distress it.  What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. tough decision, but I'd say yes, just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you only knew how long I searched for a round table. I finally bought a square one and turned it into a tufted ottoman. It's cute, but my heart had been set on a round one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I picked up the SAME table at a yard sale too! But I paid $2 more than you did. =(
    I painted mine a soft blue. I'm loving your blog, I found it today and am going through every post. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...