Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

yard sale finds...

I stopped by a couple of yard sales last weekend and found some great stuff!  First off, this end table for...drumroll please... $2!  It will look beautiful with a coat of cream paint.  Melissa at 320 Sycamore introduced me to "heirloom white" paint from Home Depot that I will probably use.  (To see more yard sale finds, click "read more" under photo)




Next, my daughter has some birthday parties to go to soon.  I'm always on the look out for nice, unopened craft kits.  Sure enough I found some...(only $2 for each kit!-$2 seemed to be the going price for each yard sale that I went to!)  A couple weeks ago she went to a party and I spent $18 on two similar new kits from walmart.  $4 for two sounds a lot better doesn't it?  Especially when your child is always going to parties.







I have also found a lot of unopened American girl doll games/books and things also.  And you know that American girl stuff is PRICEY.

My oldest son loves to read and I usually just check books out from the library instead of buying them for him.  However, he really enjoyed this series (see below) and wanted to have them as part of a permanent collection.  So you can imagine how happy I was when I found this $25 dollar hardback for $1.50 and the paper backs for $1 each.  I should have saved them for Christmas! :)
Grand total for all my finds...$9.50!





And for the birthday gifts, I wrapped them in yard sale pink and white stripe wallpaper (that I already had for about 25cents and white ribbon for 10 cents)  Add a $1 card and here is a cute birthday gift for $5.35!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...