Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

beautiful gift wrap


                                                photo by Country Living
My all time favorite wrapping paper comes from Hobby Lobby. (see below).  I love the fantastic selection of beautiful prints and colors, and it is very good quality paper.  It is a bit pricey, but I only buy it when it is on sale, or with a 50% off coupon.  There is a lot of square footage on each roll, making it a fabulous deal.  The back of the paper has the nice grid guides which makes cutting straight lines a cinch.



My favorite is probably this green with white polka dots (or the red with white polka dots).  Besides Christmas, I use it for other occasions such as birthdays.  I even lined the inside walls of my kitchen cabinets with this one!  Sometime I might use one of the prints to mount (using spray adhesive) on my bulletin board to dress it up.




If you don't live near a Hobby Lobby, here are some other fun and thrifty gift wrap ideas using newspaper and printed music.  I can't figure out how they made the newspaper flower, but I think layering 7 or so coffee filters would look just as nice.  (I would probably scrunch up each filter before layering, and then stick a brad through the middle and tape to the package.)  Or I would fold the newspaper like martha does here for her tissue paper flowers.  Even before Martha, I was making those.  In fact, I made them when I was twelve, and gave the idea to a lady at church to decorate with them for a wedding reception! 

                                                                    simply organized living


                                                      ~Country Living
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Hobby Lobby's paper! The absolute best! My favorite from this year is a green & red stripe with polka dots. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...