Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

my biggest fan & her recipe


My dear little mom, though thousands of miles away, has always been my biggest fan.  When I was in high school she told me that she was predicting that I would marry someone from "clear across the country" and end up living very far away from her.  She must have known something that I didn't, because her prediction came true.  It has been hard for us to live away from each other all these years, especially since she's lucky if she sees my kids only once or twice a year.  Still, she and Dad are always there for me, support me in all that I do, and shower me with their love in countless ways.  The above photo is of Mom and Dad with my cute little nephews in Texas.  (Look at my Sister in law's home in the background!~I love the green)

Recently, my beautiful, talented, resourceful mom emailed me the following recipe with the attached photos.   I have decided to share them with you so that you can learn a little bit about her.  I think it's really cute that she brought her camera to Target with her to take photos!  Her own words say it best~she wrote,


"Here are the serving pieces I really like at Target. Maybe after Christmas.....
Love this wreath from Gainans~
And the recipe for the Killian Caramel Corn:"





Killian Caramel Corn

Large, large bowl of popped corn.  20-24 cups or so

1 c whole almonds
1 c whole pecans
1 c chipped coconut
Syrup: 
1 # butter
2 3/4 c sugar
1 c. light karo syrup

Simmer the above for 3 minutes exactly while stirring constantly.  Poor over the popcorn and add nuts etc.  This is very, very good, but my caramel corn may be cheaper and just as good also.  It was fun to do and makes LOTS~



I think the Caramel corn would make a great gift~she told me it is really popular in her neck of the woods!  Thanks for being you, mom!

7 comments:

  1. Aren't moms the greatest? They make you feel like all your hard work is worth something- you are always amazing in their eyes. Well, you are in mine too but I know your mom trumps me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! thanks Becca! You are pretty amazing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mom to take the time to take pics in Target for you, isn't it great that love can reach thur the computer?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, this is getting scary. I think our moms would get along too! lol My mom makes caramel popcorn every year and it's one of our favorite things! I've had my eye on that tiered stand at Target but waiting for the after Christmas sale to see if any are left. Maybe we'll be bumping elbows over there the 26th. :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those serving pieces and the dishes too!!!!
    Last year I waited until after Christmas and they were gone!
    This year I didn't hit Target soon enough and they were all SOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I know Gainan's well, my Aunt Kim in Billings just can't stay out of that store :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Mom too, she is my Visiting Teacher and she brought me some of that yummy Caramel popcorn as my Christmas gift from her. I am thrilled to be living in the same ward as her and to have her as my Visiting Teacher. I have to thank her for turning me onto your website!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...