Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm back...

Happy New Year!

Honestly, I don't ever make New Year's Resolutions.  Aren't we always trying to be better anyway?~it's hard enough for me just to keep up with life!  I will be happy this year if I remember to put Jesus Christ first in my life.  It's when I don't that I seem to run into problems and lose my perspective.  I hope to strengthen my relationship with my husband, and children, and grow spiritually individually and as a family.  These are ongoing goals.  They never change with a new year.  There is so much good in life, that I need to constantly evaluate what is the most important.

However, there are many items that I would like to pass off my ongoing lists in the mean time.  (I know you all have them too.) I will rejoice when my son completes his eagle scout project, the illustrations for the book I am working on will be published, I'll finally get my etsy shop up and running, my children will be fed healthy meals, get to bed on time, grow spiritually and read their scriptures daily, and my relationship will grow with the youth that I work with at church.  As usual, keeping up with and organizing the house will continue to be a daily battle, but I am reminded of the advice that was given to me several years ago.  A friend shared the following quote with me, "Each step, no matter how small, gets you closer to your goal".  Often times it is the little things that we do that make the most difference, even when we don't think that they do.

So, instead of a New Year's Resolution, I simply hope to "Carry On!"  Especially during those times this year when I get depressed, overwhelmed, and feel burdened by all of the demands of life.

~Robyn

4 comments:

  1. Halleluia (can't spell today) and amen to your "carry on" resolutions. They sound an aweful lot like what I'm hopin to accomplish this year. You're amazing and it's good to see you back on line. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Robyn! We're all about baby steps around here~Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just wanted you to know I featured your fabric trees today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...