I went to a bridal shower recently for the most adorable bride. She is just as cute and as sweet as can be. I wanted to give her a personalized gift that would be useful as well. I loved the idea of an etched 9 x 13 inch glass pan from the minute I saw it on pinterest.
So, I decided to make one to go along with some other things that I made for her shower that I will share with you soon. It is such a great idea to make sure she will get her serving dish back at all those pot lucks she will be attending. I found the tutorial here. To make one, you will need:
an X-acto knife
old paint brush
1. I began by typing, enlarging, and then printing her new last name in a basic font. I changed the page set up to "horizontal" so that the name could fit on on the page. Place the printed name on the the paper side of the contact paper (the back side). If you are not really confident, you may want to tape them down so they don't move. Carefully cut out the letters with the X-acto knife. Be sure to save the insides of letters like "e"s.
2. Turn the glass pan over. I got mine for under $10 at Walmart. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
3. Carefully peel off the contact paper, center the name on the glass, and stick. Smooth out any bubbles.
4. Apply a liberal amount of the etching cream with an old paint brush.
5. Wait 5-10 minutes for the acid to etch the glass. Rinse and wash glass, brush and your hands thoroughly with soap. Remove contact paper and dry with paper towels.
6. That's all there is to it!