Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

My Ballard Designs Inspired Valentines Day Decoration


ballard monogrammed art

Do you have your Valentine's Day decorations out yet?  We do, and I can't quit dreaming up new decorations to make for the house and my shop.  I pulled out the page above from my Ballard Designs catalog before Christmas because I loved their monogram art.  Which got me thinking...I  can make my own version for much less.  My 12" square version costs a quarter of the price of theirs!  I have two different versions in my store right now-check them out!  One is square, the other rectangular.

IMG_5306

I painted the stretched canvases cream, then charcoal gray.  When the background dried,
I painted the LOVE letters cream that I had sketched on with hand made stencils.  Then I
sanded it like crazy!

IMG_5368

IMG_5097

IMG_5367

Keep checking my etsy store in the side bar.  I am constantly adding more goods!  Don't you love
the silver puffy necklace?  Easter Dresses and more spring wares coming soon too!

8 comments:

  1. I think that I like yours more than the Ballard original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I fell for the sign in the magazine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you wrote about the puffy silver heart! That reminded me that I have one like it somewhere; haven't worn it in years. I'm going to go find it now and enjoy it all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Yours looks just as lovely as theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... I like yours just as well if not better! That's some awesome lettering you too, even you did use stencils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it, and pinned it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...