Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

delicious homemade maple bars

IMG_5660

From time to time my husband and I have lamented the fact that we can't buy maple bars on the east coast.  On a recent stop at Krispy Kreme, my husband reminded me that they are his favorite.  We were both once again disappointed that we couldn't buy them there.  After we got home, I remembered that I had seen a recipe for homemade maple bars floating around pinterest.

I am a youth leader at my church, and the past few months I have been getting together with the girls for "hot chocolate nights".  I was going to host the get together at my house, and decided that they would be a tasty addition to the cocoa.

Skeptical about how good they would actually be, I tried out the recipe from this cute blog.  They were a bit time consuming, but now that I know what I am doing, I think they will go faster the next time I make them.  Anyway, they were SO DELICIOUS!  And, they were baked.  I had all the ingredients on hand, even the Mapleine.  We always make our pancake syrup using the recipe on the Mapleine box~it is so much less expensive.

These maple bars totally satisfied our cravings, and didn't disappoint.  They tasted just as we imagined.  The girls loved them, as did my husband and kids!  Definitely a keeper recipe.

Have a nice Sabbath Day,

Robyn



3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...