Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Anthropologie "knock offs" & Chair Skirts


Hello, I'm back!  I'm sitting here listening to Brooke White Radio on Pandora.  It's my new favorite station, and it's so nice to sit down and relax for a minute!  Things have been a little busy here, which is why I haven't posted in a while.  My oldest will be graduating in June, and then leaving on a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints  to Sacramento, California.  He will be speaking Spanish.  We are so excited for him, but there is a lot to do to help him prepare.  And, I'm working through the emotional preparation of saying good bye.  But, I'm not sure that is something that we can ever prepare ourselves for.  I can't tell you how much I love this boy.  He will be a great instrument in the hands of the Lord, in leading others to Jesus Christ and the fullness of His gospel on the earth today.
 



I've managed to go on a few fun shopping excursions in the past couple of months though, and I've found some great things!  I love Anthropologie, but I just can't break down and buy anything from there because I am so frugal.   I had wanted a cute mug, but I didn't want to spend $15 on one.  Then I went to the Christmas Tree shops and ran into these bowls, plates and mugs for around $2.00 each. (the price of what it would have cost me to buy one mug at Anthropologie!)  And, I like them much better!




I also found these there.  The first I hung above the clipboard in the kitchen.



This came from a thrift store, and I'm thinking of hanging it above it.


I hung the other one (slightly different...a French design) above my Crown.  Which you can read all about in my last post if you missed it.  :)


I had been meaning to make new linen chair skirts for the two end chairs.  It took a lot longer than I expected, but I'm glad it is checked off my list of to do's.




Much better, don't you think?


So, Wednesdays have been a lot of fun, and a bit dangerous for me lately.  My local thrift store has housewares 50 % off every Wednesday.  I have found some really great inexpensive things, like this antique framed print.


And, even though I'm loving the print right now, if I ever decide I don't like it, the frame itself is worth much more than $6.00 to me!


I hope you have a great weekend,

Robyn









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...