Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

back to school

I have this song running through my head by The White Stripes:

fall is here, hear the yell
back to school, ring the bell
brand new shoes, walking blues
climb the fence, book and pens
i can tell that we are gonna be friends

                               (me playing in the kitchen in kindergarten)

When fall rolls around each year,  I remember how when I was about 7, my mom dressed me in a blue denim jumper and red knee hi socks along with  red ribbons in my hair as she took my picture on the first day of school.  As the daylight takes on a golden color and I prepare to start my kids for their first day of school, this remains a happy memory for me.  A lot has changed in the world since then, but still there is the eager anticipation of a new year, a new teacher, new school supplies, and new friends.

I was at the dollar tree and stocked up on these...








They will definately need them for projects throughout the year and it sure beats paying $4 per board at Walmart.  The people at the dollar tree told me that they only carry them around the time that school starts.  Happy Back to School!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...