Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

just a little bling

Beautiful jewelry can be found in the most unusual places.  As you know, I find lots of great stuff at thrift stores and yard sales.  Although I don't wear much jewelry (I haven't worn earrings in years), if I find something unique, I usually snatch it right up.  I especially like pendants.   So let me tell you about this one.



Do you like it?  Guess where I found it?

Here at Hobby Lobby in the charms section for $1.47!  (yes, it is acrylic, but I like it!)  I bought it and threaded it onto a chain that I already had.  The smaller charm that you see with it is a paris stamped postmark charm that I made with a stamp and shrinky dink paper. :) 

They had an aqua one and a peridot one.  Do you know what peridot is?  I didn't, but it looks like this.


I read a little about it online and it has quite the history and is gaining in popularity.  I think it is beautiful.
Read all about peridot

here

Today while I was at Hobby Lobby, I decided to pick up the peridot pendant, but this is what I found...



They were out of all of them!


However, the nice lady told me that are getting more in soon.  I knew I was on to a good thing!
Happy Thursday.
~Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...