Now... for an easy free kids craft.
I made about 10 of these last year with my kids for our Halloween party. I like funny or classic Halloween decorations. I'm not into the scary stuff.
White kitchen plastic trash bag
black permanent marker
fishing line and needle
1. Wad up newspaper into a ball. Keep layering more newspaper around it until it is as big as you want your ghost head to be (mine are about 10" diameter)
2. Stuff the newspaper ball into the bottom of the trash bag. Secure it by wrapping a rubber band around the neck. You can tape down any plastic that is sticking up with clear packing tape.
3. Draw a spooky face with a sharpie.
4. Thread a big needle with fishing line (about 5 feet or so) to make it hang invisibly. (or use thread or dental floss!) and poke it in and then out the top of the head. Form a tall loop and tie in a knot.
5. Hang in the trees, on your patio, in your house, or wherever you want your ghostie to be.