Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wegmans (my local grocery store), carries the best sourdough croutons! I could eat the whole bag in one sitting. And yes, I have~more than once! I decided to try to find a recipe to make them at home. I did, and they turned out so good that I wanted to share the recipe with you. (And, they taste just like Wegman's!) So what's on the dinner menu? Soup and bagged salad with fresh sourdough croutons!
Here is the recipe...
1 loaf sourdough bread
5 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
a little pepper
2 cloves of garlic chopped very fine
*(I just used the jar of minced)
1 teaspoon Italian herbs or spices
*(I used about 1/2 tsp. of a dry Italian salad dressing pouch)
1. preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. cut loaf lengthwise and scoop out the soft bread (don't use crust)
3. cut or tear into 3/4" chunks
4. whisk the above ingredients in a bowl
5. toss the bread cubes into the mixture and mix well so they are
all evenly coated
6. bake on a large baking sheet 20-25 minutes (turning every 5 min.)
until golden brown.
Your house will smell soooooo good!
I'm linking to Jen's weekend wrap up party~