Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

snow "queen"


We bought this "snow princess" costume last year on clearance at Target to save until Halloween this year. My daughter really liked it, and I felt so good knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about a costume for Halloween this year. (The boys are old enough to not need costumes or care.)  Then, about a week ago, the announcement came...



"Mom, princesses are more for little girls~I don't want to tell my friends I'm a snow princess."        
"Okay," I said in my most panicked excited voice while scanning my brain for something that would work...
"So...why don't we call you a snow Queen instead?"
"Oh yeah!"
Fortunately she was good with it~but I knew I had to switch things up a bit with the costume.

The next day I stopped in at the dollar store to find some inspiration.  I decided she should look more wintery than princessy.  So I found this glittered, potted, silver poinsettia which normally I would pass right on by.  But it was sparkly, perfect I thought for a snow queen.  I snipped off the poinsettia heads and saved the leaves.



I found this soft garland there that I thought I could cut and twist into a wreath for her head.


I hot glued the poinsettia and leaves onto the wreath, then added the other one to the belt.  So for $2 extra dollars, the snow princess will now be the snow "queen".


Happy Halloween!  The parties begin here today, are your costumes all ready?

2 comments:

  1. And she was a beautiful Snow Queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson had been planning on being a zombie for halloween for at least two months. He wouldn't even let me cut his hair so that it would be long and we could spike it up "zombie-like". Well, 45 minutes before the Trunk or Treat he announces that he wants to be a GHOST! What? I didn't even have an old sheet to cut up! Luckily I had a "cool" Anakin costume in my stash that I had bought on clearance (90 percent off)at Target last year. Phew! I even ended up trimming his hair so he could fix his hair like Anakin! Crazy boy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...