Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

another use for an electric heating pad

IMG_1127

We were out of bread the other day and I didn't want to go to the store.  Then I remembered I had some frozen bread loaves in the freezer.  (my local generic store brand~ similar to Rhode's version)  Since I didn't want to wait all day for them to rise, I put the pans on top of an electric heating pad and set it to hi heat. (Ours has auto turn off~ so I had to check it occasionally).  The above photo was taken just after I took the plastic wrap off.  Anyway, a little while later, this is what we got to eat...

IMG_1128 
Fresh, hot, semi homemade bread!  My family couldn't wait for it to cool, and they thought I was the best mom ever.  The only problem was, the loaves didn't last very long!

9 comments:

  1. yuuuummmm. great idea with heating pad.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great idea! I have used my heating pad to keep homemade tortillas warm. I'll be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabulous idea was pinned on pinterest, where I found it and tried it out. Thank you so much!! It really does work. :o) And since our family only eats homemade bread, you can imagine my delight in using this fun method to speed along the rise process! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for those that don't have a gas range with pilot lights, but our oven is at 90F degrees so that works for us without anything turned on too.. Neat idea though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one reason why I miss my old stove with pilot light...raise bread. This heating pad idea is great and sure will try it real soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Who'd have thought you could bake bread with a heating pad...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also do this to speed up the defrost of frozen rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...