Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thrift store bargain redo!

  IMG_0885



I stopped at the thrift store last week, and had to do a double take when I saw this photograph.  I love it!  I love white houses, and I love white picket fences.  It was $2.79.  The only problem was,
  IMG_0884 
 I didn't like the frame that it came in.  The glass was in perfect condition, so I pulled off the black frame and cleaned it up a bit.

IMG_0883

IMG_0886

Then I remembered that I had this nice, sturdy, frame that I picked up at a yard sale last year.  It is a very large frame.  I knew it would be perfect for this poster sized photograph.  Luckily, the dimensions were just right.  I took the backing and glass off, tossed the print, and painted the frame white.

IMG_4993

I distressed it by doing some light sanding and hammering, and then popped the photograph in!  It is so shabby!  I know that winter is almost over, but I'll be keeping this print out for a little while longer.  My friend commented that the frame looks as if it was built from wood from the house in the image!

IMG_0942

IMG_0939

IMG_0940

I'm busily working on some little girl's Easter dresses for my etsy shop.  More on that soon!

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Don't you love merging thrifty bargains?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful print & you did it justice with the frame. Nice job on that frame re-do.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it would fit in around here, since we still have a little snow! I love that you painted the frame white. What an amazing picture!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have found that! What a find and I really love the frame...your friend is right it does look as if it's from the house in the picture. Great find!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and reminds me of my Grandparents house in Darlington, Indiana. Glad you are busy on Easter dresses, I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo, I can see why you took a double take. It looks even better in it's new frame. Such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bargain, it looks great! You'll enjoy that every winter for years to come!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Robyn! I bought myself 10 of those white plates from the dollar tree today. They had bowls to match, but I didn't like the size. I love the plates! I only wish they had some salad size plates. We use those all the time... Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...