Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My latest creation...Olde English Cottage sign

IMG_1390



Probably in anticipation of the royal wedding coming up this weekend, and because I have always dreamed of visiting the English countryside, I decided to created this vintage looking cottage sign for my etsy shop today.

Realizing its great potential, I picked up this piece of framed wood at a sale quite a while ago.  I had no idea what it was, or if it was ever used for anything.  There was no painting in it or anything.  It was just a piece of wood, framed in wood!  On  the back was scribbled a name and the date of 1982.

I knew I wanted to create a sort of vintage looking shabby chic sign.  It turned out so cute, that I'm tempted to keep it for myself.  I painted the background white, and then I googled an old english font.  It took quite a while to hand pencil it onto the sign, especially since I didn't download the font and it wasn't that big.  It was worth the time though.  After it dried, I distressed it like crazy!  Right now it is hanging next to me, and I can think of a million places to put it.  I might just have to make something similar for myself.

Are you tuning in to the wedding this week?  I will be.  I remember getting up early in the morning when I was a little girl and watching Princess Diana marry Prince Charles with my mom.  I'm considering keeping Grace home from school.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your sign. Wonderful Easter post too. Hope you had a great one. Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...