Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fabric love...

IMG_0319
Did you ever think that after having kids, (or messy husbands for that matter) you would have to trade in your pretty upholstered dining or kitchen chairs for something less cushy?  Did you think that you would have to settle with less comfortable hard seats to enable easy clean up of spills, and to eliminate stains on the fabric?  I did.  But I was determined to find a way to keep my pretty, fabric covered, comfy chairs.

The solution?  Cover the fabric with clear vinyl from Walmart!  That way the pretty pattern would still be seen and enjoyed, and I could easily wipe away spills.  My dining chairs have worn many different fabrics over the years to keep up with my changing tastes.  But one thing remains the same.  I always top off the chairs with the vinyl to protect the fabric.

You can buy the vinyl in different weights on large rolls at the fabric store for pennies.  I usually get the heaviest weight that I can still bend easily.  I measure and buy enough to cover each chair.  Then I unscrew the seat from the chair frame, lay it bottom side up on the vinyl, and fold it up over the edges of  the chair.

IMG_0311


Next, I staple in place, turn the seat over, and screw the seat back onto the chair frame.

IMG_0312

ta-da!  That's all there is to it.

1 comment:

  1. Or you can get the Universal Chair Covers from here: https://perfenq.com/products/chair-cover

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...