Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Three things I would like to buy right now.

Granada Rug
Still working on the kitchen...it is looking good!  However, I must admit I am easily distracted.   Every time I start "re doing" one room, I feel like I need to "re do" the rest of the house!  Inside AND out!  So, as usual, I am looking beyond the kitchen.  

I am dreaming of hard wood floors...new door knobs...and the rug above.  I love it.  It is new from Ballard Designs.  I would get the 8' x 10' size and put it right smack in the middle of the family room.  Of course, I would need to pull up all the tile and carpet throughout the main floor and put down the hard wood flooring first.  :)


And I'd really like to replace my brass door knobs with something more updated like the style below from Amazon. That is the least expensive fix of the three, so I might get started on that this weekend after shopping around locally first.
Schlage F10GEO716 Georgian Passage Knob, Aged Bronze

The floor sample below is actually a heavy duty vinyl from Armstrong.  
(Armstrong Natural Creations Arbor Art: Weathered Oak Golden Brown 8" x 36" Luxury Vinyl Plank TP029)

I ran across it at Home Depot, and I've had the sample on my floor for a week now.  Obviously it's not real wood, but it is the look I like, so I was playing around with it.  I like it because it has 8" wide planks and is very rustic.  I think it will hide a lot of dirt, and will be pretty indestructible.  (And adding character at the same time).


Have a great weekend.
~Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...