Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Save money~recycled sun dress tutorial

IMG_3341

She needed a new spring dress, and I couldn't find anything online that I liked.

IMG_3410

In desperation, I thought I might have two sew something.  I looked through my fabric stash and found her old sun dress from Walmart that she wore three years ago!  A print that we both loved.  A light bulb went off.  I cut off the straps as well as the ruffle on the bottom.

IMG_3299IMG_3300

I folded under the the raw edge, and sewed a quick hem.  I told her to try it on, with the smocking around the waist, instead of the bodice...It FIT!  Beautifully! 

IMG_3300-001



It matched the thrift store sweater perfectly...

IMG_3402

The sandals still fit from last year...
IMG_3377-001IMG_3376



Thrilled...at her FREE "new" skirt!

IMG_3351IMG_3393

Thank you little model!

4 comments:

  1. ah, don't you just love going through the "stash?" I find more projects that I forgot to repair that way :) Love the quick fix and it looks great on her!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Grace! Love the skirt fabric....I've done this exact same thing before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...