Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Friday $6 Thrift Store Finds

IMG_5110

What did you do on black Friday?  I try to avoid shopping on that day (unless it is online).  I don't want to deal with all the crowds, and I usually already know what I am going to get everyone for Christmas and don't want to be "tempted" to buy things that I don't really need...  No matter how good of a deal it is.  :)

This year, Grace wanted to go out shopping, so I came up with another idea.  Instead of going to the mall, I decided to take her to a couple of thrift stores that she had never been to.

And guess what?  Even thrift stores have black Friday specials!  The first one we went to had everything 75% off!  For 25 cents a book, I got a collection of Reader's Digest Best Loved Books for Young Readers.  They have shortened versions of the classics such as...
Oliver Twist, The Story of King Arthur, Jane Eyre, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Modern American Poetry, The Story of Helen Keller, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and many more...

IMG_5111IMG_5112

And, they happen to look really cute on my bookshelf.  :)
I also got this beauty...

IMG_5088IMG_5086IMG_5089

Grace bought lots of little "treasures" like little girls do.  Things like music boxes and bells.
And the Grand total for everything?  Only $6.00
At another shop we found the cutest skirts and dresses for 40% off.
Now we have a new tradition...Thrift stores on black Friday and lunch at Subway!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...