Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Countdown to Christmas Vignette #5 Sun Room

IMG_5169

Long ago we converted our dining room into a "sun room" since we don't entertain much.  That was one of the best decisions we ever made.  I hate wasted space!

You know I love chalkboards.  In fact, I have two of them in the sun room.  Instead of writing on the one in the photo above, I hung a wreath, and added  red ball ornaments.  I love how it turned out.  The candle sconces on either side were from the thrift store.  (spray painted black)

Oh, looks like I have more kitchen photos to share before we continue on!  I made this Christmas tree farm sign to hang in my kitchen.

IMG_5122
IMG_5140

The lighting is terrible, so the images in the photos don't look nearly as good as in person!  The curtains in the photo below were made from a skirt from the thrift store, and the snowflake was from the Dollar tree.  The topiaries came from the christmas tree store, and I spray painted their gold pots white.  Chickens came from a yard sale.

IMG_5164
IMG_5166

And back to the sun room...  Here is the enormous chalkboard that used to hang in the kitchen before we removed the cupboards.

IMG_5171

The record player was given to me by a friend.  It's amazing how festive something can look just by simply adding a little greenery and a red ball ornament.

IMG_5172

I made another sweater pillow like I did here out of a red cable knit sweater that I found at the thrift store.

IMG_5126

Again, sorry for the poor lighting in the photos,  but it turned out really great!

IMG_5257
IMG_5258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...