Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Desk~before and after

IMG_5063

Speaking of blue, I have been meaning to share this makeover with you since before my Christmas home tour...Hence the Thanksgiving orange candle on the desk!  I must say, that while I LOVE how it turned out, I am a little hesitant to show you the before picture!  But I will.  Here goes...Brace yourself...



IMG_5039

Bad, I know.  I picked up this old desk years ago at a yard sale.  It was Royal blue, but I knew it had potential.  So, I painted it all cream...knobs and all.  (Not sure what I was thinking back then).   We keep the laptop in the family room so that we can monitor what the kids are doing online.  This is the laptop that we all use, besides my husband's work one, so this desk gets beat up quickly.  Can you see where the paint has been worn off where we rest our hands to type?!!

I knew it needed a major makeover before the tour, so I pulled the drawers into the garage and painted them blue.  I took all the pulls off and spray painted them oil rubbed bronze.  Then, I put a drop cloth around the desk, and gave it a fresh coat of cream paint, right there in the family room.  (I didn't have time to waste since I was preparing for the tour!)  I did clean it up before I painted it so that the paint would adhere.

And, I couldn't be more pleased with the end result!

IMG_5063-001

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to check out my new listings in my etsy shop!  Don't you just love the tray and the daisy painting?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...