Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

projects

Happy Memorial Day!  On this day, I always think of my grandpa, who was given a "suicide mission" during world war II in France.  He had to drive a load of explosives from Normandy Beach several miles inland through potentially hostile territory.  I am so grateful for him and for all the other veterans who put their lives on the line for us, some of whom paid the ultimate price.

My son is working today, so we don't have big plans for the day.  We'll probably have a little family picnic and watch a movie later.  We worked hard in the yard Saturday, and don't really want to work on it today, but we probably still will.  There is always so much to do.  Since we moved in almost 7 years ago, we have been taking more and more bushes, vines, and trees out.  It is just too much work for us.  I just finished painting the arbor white.  It was covered in vine, which was so hard to maintain.  I pulled that all down, scrubbed the arbor and gave it a fresh coat of white paint.  Really, I painted the half without the vine white a few years ago!  But once I took the vine down I knew it was finally time to paint the whole thing.  :)  





Have a great day!

Robyn

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...