Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

$5.00 each or two for $7...

Updating light fixtures can really do wonders for a home.  Remember this before and after post of my house?  I switched out the old brass fixtures beside my front door for the ones above.  

I have two more dated fixtures on the back of the house.  One by the patio door, and another next to the garage door.  I have wanted to replace them for some time now, but it hasn't been a priority. And then, I went to a flea market.  I didn't find a single thing until I was about to leave and spotted these beauties...
 


They were perfect because they would go on opposite ends of the house so they didn't have to match, but they still look like they go together.  "How much?" I asked the lady.  "$5.00 each, or two for $7.00".  I snatched them right up.  I was a little nervous as to whether or not they worked, and if the wiring was ok. She said they worked great...have been on her old farm house for years, and her husband is remodeling.  I sure hope they do, because I love them!  As I was leaving, she said,  "That's a great deal!"  ;)

I don't think I ever showed you this one that I picked up at a yard sale quite some time ago.  I had hoped to put it over the garage in place of the security lights, but it just looked funny having one fixture instead of two, so I gave it to a friend.  Before doing so, I painted it black.  Just like the fixtures by my front door, and the shutters on the front of the house.

IMG_2073

IMG_2075

IMG_2076

...with my trusty little paintbrush.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...