Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Home Tour~Guest Room


I didn't do much for the guest room, just little pops of red and green.  I picked up the mirror at a flea market and spray painted it white.  I covered the lampshade in fabric from a sheet from TJ Maxx.  The alarm clock was from a thrift store.


I painted the side table white.  (It has been in my family for years), and put a vintage crystal knob on the front.  I found the vintage faux leather headboard on Craigslist for around $15!  I love the nail head trim.


Sorry for the bad photo, it's so dark in there.  The chandelier came from Walmart a few years ago.  I have two chandeliers from there.  The other one is in the master bathroom.  I made the Hotel sign.


I have plans to completely redo this room in the new year.  I think I will paint and stencil the wall.  I haven't decided yet what I will do for sure...but I do have the stencil.  That project is just lower on the priority list. Still need to change out some light fixtures and put in the baseboards.  Also, soon I will be picking up a vintage china hutch for my piano room.  I'm getting it for free!  I spotted it on freecycle a few days ago.  Do you have something like freecycle in your area?  People post things they are wanting, or are getting rid of for free.  Pretty cool deal.  I just subscribed a month or two ago.  Sounds like the cabinet will need some TLC, but I plan to paint it. Pictures to come. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty room. You have done a wonderful job decorating it on a budget. That's a beautiful chandelier too. It's amazing what you can find at Walmart sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...