Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Home Tour~Guest Room


I didn't do much for the guest room, just little pops of red and green.  I picked up the mirror at a flea market and spray painted it white.  I covered the lampshade in fabric from a sheet from TJ Maxx.  The alarm clock was from a thrift store.


I painted the side table white.  (It has been in my family for years), and put a vintage crystal knob on the front.  I found the vintage faux leather headboard on Craigslist for around $15!  I love the nail head trim.


Sorry for the bad photo, it's so dark in there.  The chandelier came from Walmart a few years ago.  I have two chandeliers from there.  The other one is in the master bathroom.  I made the Hotel sign.


I have plans to completely redo this room in the new year.  I think I will paint and stencil the wall.  I haven't decided yet what I will do for sure...but I do have the stencil.  That project is just lower on the priority list. Still need to change out some light fixtures and put in the baseboards.  Also, soon I will be picking up a vintage china hutch for my piano room.  I'm getting it for free!  I spotted it on freecycle a few days ago.  Do you have something like freecycle in your area?  People post things they are wanting, or are getting rid of for free.  Pretty cool deal.  I just subscribed a month or two ago.  Sounds like the cabinet will need some TLC, but I plan to paint it. Pictures to come. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty room. You have done a wonderful job decorating it on a budget. That's a beautiful chandelier too. It's amazing what you can find at Walmart sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...