Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Organizing for a New Year~


"Clutter is the poetry of our homes.  It is an intimate view that is not always perfect-a few dishes in the sink, books piled next to the bed.  Everything in its place may give a certain satisfaction, but a lived-in room exudes comfort and warmth."                            
                                                                                                  ~Mary Randolph Carter


So, I'm wondering, can this be said of my supply room too?  Does it exude comfort and warmth?!  My ongoing goal is to organize the basement, including this room.  But no matter how much I dispose of, it becomes a dumping ground in no time flat.  The piles in my house tend to be more than a few books piled next to the bed, and a few dishes in the sink.  Though you rarely see the disarray in my photographs, my house is usually pretty cluttered.  And no matter how much I work at it,  I just can't seem to stay ahead of the messes!  I know I should relax my standards, but, oh, it feels so good when it is spotless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...