Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

D.C. Cherry Blossoms and Thyme ground cover tip~

Sunday I went with my husband on a quick business trip to Washington D.C. He had a meeting with the Department of Energy.  By the way, have you ever seen a picture of my handsome husband?!  Well, here you go...


We had hoped that the timing was right to see the cherry blossoms at their peak.


Unfortunately, they seemed just barely past full bloom.  But, we still enjoyed a stroll down the National Mall.  (Do you ever feel weird asking strangers to take a photo of you?  I do.) 



It was so unbelievably crowded, and there was trash everywhere.  I read in the paper that they had a hard time keeping up with all of the trash.  There were mounds of it that didn't make it inside the trash cans.



 I think I am getting pretty good using manual mode on my camera!  I still have a lot to learn though.


 This tree was still pretty...


 It was so much fun to get away, if even for only a couple of days.  We ate great seafood, watched IMAX Jerusalem, and while he was in meetings, I spent hours in the National Gallery of Art (and probably took about 400 pictures!)

Here is just a little gardening tip since it is that time of year. (although we were graced with snow again this morning!)  The previous owners of our home planted ornamental thyme as an evergreen ground cover, and I love it.  It smells really good, and keeps the weeds down.  I'm pretty sure it is edible too, but I'm too scared to try it!   So, if you are looking for a pretty, low maintenance ground cover, I highly recommend it!


Have a great day!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...