Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Updated kitchen cabinet display~


Hello Everyone!  Did you have a nice Easter?  We went to two different sessions of church.  One was on Saturday night, and the other was Sunday morning.  At the Saturday evening session, my seventeen year old son spoke on love and service, and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.  He did such a wonderful job, and the other speakers and music were so uplifting as well.

The Easter Bunny came on Saturday morning and dropped off  a few treats, instead of Sunday.  We started this tradition when the kids were little so that we can truly focus on Jesus Christ on the Sabbath. Unfortunately, we don't live near our extended families, so it was just our little family for Easter.  My kids have been so tired of ham since Christmas, so I tried to break out of tradition by trying out a pinterest recipe for crock pot orange chicken instead.  Well, It failed!  We came home to burnt chicken.  Oh well, it was still a beautiful day, full of sunshine.

And, Grace enjoyed reading one of my favorite books as I practiced my photography...





As I write this, I just made some connections.  Grace was sitting in a grassy area of a local cemetery. (We had gone to see if the famous cherry trees there were blooming yet).  She was in a cemetery, reading Anne Frank, on Easter Sunday.  What a joyful reunion it must have been for Anne Frank and her loved ones in the spirit world after they were reunited.  To have left the cruelty behind them.  And then, the fact that she and all of us will be able to live again, with perfected physical bodies all because of Jesus Christ's resurrection makes it even more sweet!  I am forever grateful that He broke the bands of death!  Have you seen this incredible video?

I decided to spruce up the cabinet in the kitchen that my friend helped me make when we did our little remodel.  I had never really staged it properly.  I found the little white cake stand at the thrift store a while back.  I wasn't sure where to put it, but then found that it looked cute layered on top of my green one.  I'm learning that it's all about layering!  Everything came from thrift stores or yard sales except the green cake stand, and the blue bowl.  I picked the bowl up at Home Goods the same time I picked up this shower curtain.




Have a great week!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...