Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ranunculus painting before and after

A few weeks ago I was asked to participate along with some other vendors  in a "home show".  I loaded up a bunch of my paintings into vintage suitcases, put on a vintage apron, and set out to sell my wares!  One of the things that I sold was this ranunculus painting. I snapped a photo before it was complete, and thought it would be fun to show you the painting "in progress".

My kids said, "Um, it doesn't really look very good."  :)  


They liked the finished painting much better.  :)


I framed it in a cream frame.  I've learned that the choice of frame can make a big difference.


Yesterday was beautiful here...I started to turn over my garden.  Or, rather, I had my boys do it while I raked up leaves and cleaned up flower beds. This year, I'd like to plant strawberries.  That is one thing I know my kids will eat!  And then maybe some tomatoes, green beans, and sugar snap peas.  I'm not going to go crazy this year because it is so much work! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...