Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY boxwood preservation & Family Fun


*This is our serious shot!  I can't get the others to load! :( 

Hello there.  What have you been up to?  Aside from thrift shopping for 70's clothes (Grace and I had to do so for a fun little mother daughter church fashion show), I've been doing some serious spring cleaning and sprucing up the house for company.  The cleaning came both by choice, and by necessity. We had so much rain that a room in our basement flooded.  It was really a blessing in disguise, because I was able to get rid of a lot of things, and reorganize my workshop.  I completely rearranged the shelving and tables, and I love the new look.


When the basement flooded, my dear husband was sick and out of town, and I was taking care of my son Ty who had just had all four wisdom teeth extracted and all four twelve year old molars exposed. In my book, that is some serious oral surgery!  To add to the fun, we have been having no end to lawn mower problems, and each day I had to hurdle the 16 ft long section of baseboards running the length of the family and piano rooms.  I hand painted all 16 of them in the garage, and then started installing them.  I ran into trouble, and realized I needed to wait until my husband got back to help me. I started my garden (its a little sad this year), painted the guest room, and knocked off several projects.  

Today, I clipped boxwood to preserve for wreaths.


This winter was really hard on the boxwoods in our area...


I'd like to dig up or move this bush anyway, so I decided I would give it a good trimming first and try out the tutorials for preserving boxwood that I had pinned.  I mainly followed this tutorial.  I have two different variety of boxwood bushes.  It will be interesting to see what happens.


Now, I sit back and wait for three weeks and hope that I mixed up the potion right! :)



1 comment:

  1. Please post how the boxwood comes out! I am planning on preserving some as well, as soon as I get some time to trim the bushes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...