Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Before and After

I knew this side table had potential from the moment I saw it at a yard sale.  It is a great storage piece because the top is hinged and opens to hold blankets or anything else you would like to store.   I loved the white bead board sides, but knew I would need to do something to the top because of the water rings.  

I'm not one to really jump on the bandwagon when new trends come out, but I have always liked the idea of decoupaging old sheet music onto furniture.  So, I finally gave it a try.  It worked ok, but the music paper bubbled in some spots as it was drying, and I was unable to get it smooth.  I'm not quite sure what I did wrong.

Anyway, for an inexpensive way to cover the top, it did the job.  By the way, all things in this vignette are from yard sales and the dollar store!  The brass lamp base was spray painted black, and topped with a tag sale shade.  The vintage beauty school suitcase is so cute inside.  It is turquoise with white polka dots!  The little bird came from the dollar store, and the metal tray was from yard sale as well.  I spray painted it, and then hand painted the white bird's nest...



just like I did on this one that I sold in my etsy shop.



Have a great day!

Robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...