Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Re-stuffing cushions and some photography



Last week I sold our chair and a half on Craigslist.  When the buyer came to pick it up, she asked me if I had ever "re stuffed it".  She explained that often when she buys used, upholstered furniture, she steams the outer fabric, and then she takes the foam or batting inserts out of the cushions and pillows, and then re stuffs them with new foam or batting.  I usually try to stay away from buying used, fabric upholstered furniture, because I'm a little grossed out about what might be lurking in those cushions!  But, this girl has me thinking...maybe, just maybe if the right piece comes along, I could do something like that.  And, if my own sofa cushions ever need a little pick me up, I know just what to do!I found a few links about how others have re stuffed furniture...like Here and Here and here! (In case you are interested)

This year I have gotten a bit more serious about photography. Mostly, this has happened because friends have asked me to take pictures of them. I still feel like I'm just getting my feet wet...and hardly consider myself a professional, but with practice, I am getting better!  I recently learned that a 50mm lens is one of the best portrait lenses...it is the most true to the human eye, which means less distortion. So,just bought my first camera lens...a 50mm f/1.8 from Amazon.  I will be taking senior pictures pretty soon, and I'm excited to try it out!

Last fall, I took these photos of some of my favorite families!










And then, recently, maternity photos for the expectant parents (see first photo in the post)






This one is my favorite! I love the curl in her hair.











I still edit all my photos in Picasa.  I'm not sure I'm ready to upgrade to a different photo editing program.  It's nice because I feel I got this one figured out.  In time, I may need more features, but I've been pleased with what I can do with this simple program.


Enjoy the rest of your week!
~Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...