Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Oil Portrait Lessons

Well, the kids are back in school, and Ryan and Ty just started their early morning religion class today. (6:00 am every school day)  I am doing remarkably well so far for having been up since 5:00 am!  Here is a picture of my kiddos on their first day of school last week.  I now have a Senior, a Freshman, and a
Seventh Grader.  :)



Since Ryan got a car over the summer, they were excited to drive to school instead of take the bus.  Do you like the camera cord hanging in front of the lens?!  Since I am always uploading pictures to the computer, sometimes I get tired of taking the cord on and off, and I just leave it on.  Sometimes it sneaks into my pictures...especially when I need to take a quick shot.  :)


The kids weren't the only ones to go back to school.  I decided it was finally time to take that portrait painting class I had dreamed of.  My first painting was of my daughter from a picture that I found of her when she was about 3 yrs old.


There were some hard moments trying to mix the right colors, find the correct values, and try to make it look as accurate as possible.  In the end, I am pleased with the result.  It is extremely rewarding to create something beautiful with only paints and a canvas.  I'm still not used to working in oils, but I'll get there.  It is such a fun medium, and I have a fabulous teacher.  When I walked into her studio for the first time, I felt like a kid in a candy store looking at all of her gorgeous paintings.



We had family in town over Labor Day weekend.  I took Grace and her friend and cousins to the Crayola Factory.  I am so excited about art again and all of the potential to create that comes with it! Don't you just love this picture?  I just want to grab one of the colors and start coloring on the building.  :)


Have a great day!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...