Merry Christmas to all of my blogging friends and faithful followers. Thanks for sticking with me all these years!
*One of our family's traditions is to make White Peppermint Hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. Enjoy the recipe!
4 Cups 1% low-fat milk
7 hard peppermint candies, crushed
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ tsp peppermint extract
4 hard peppermint candies
1 Tbsp light-colored corn syrup
6 Tbsp frozen fat-free whipped topping
1. Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until warm (do not boil!)
2. Add crushed peppermint candies, stirring until candies dissolve.
3. Add white chocolate, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cook until tiny bubbles form around the edge of the pan (do not boil), stirring constantly with a whisk.
4. Remove from heat, stir in peppermint extract.
5. Coarsely crush 2 peppermint candies; set aside.
6. Finely crush remaining 2 peppermint candies.
7. Coat rims of 3-6 mugs with corn syrup.
8. Place finely crushed peppermint candies into a saucer; dip rim of each mug into candies to coat.
9. Pour 2/3 cup of hot chocolate into each mug; top each serving with 1 Tbsp whipped topping. Sprinkle 2 coarsely crushed candies evenly over topping.