Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Swedish Pancakes and Mapleine

Have you ever had Swedish Pancakes?  My mom used to make them when I was growing up, and they are so delicious.  They are thinner than regular pancakes~kind of like crepes.

                                               photo via  mycookinggallery.blogspot.com

Here is the recipe...

Mom's Swedish Pancakes:
3 lightly beaten eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp salt    

Preheat a Swedish pancake pan (round, cast-iron pan) over medium heat with a little butter.  I don't have one of these, so I just use my small non stick fry pan.  In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.  Add the milk and beaten eggs, stirring to make a thin batter.  Be careful not to over mix.  Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan.  (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan~the batter will be thin.)
When the top begins to bubble (usually less than a minute), turn with a spatula and cook the other side until golden). Fill with fruit, whipped cream, sausage, or just top with syrup and butter.

*We mix our own syrup because it is less expensive than bottled syrup, and we go through a lot of it at our house!  I buy this "Mapleine" at Walmart.  The recipe is on the back of the box.  It is so fast and easy~even my kids can make it.  All you do is boil 1 cup of water on the stove, and stir in 2 cups of sugar until it dissolves.  (We use 1 1/2 cups of sugar and it is just as good).  Then remove from heat, and add 1/2 teaspoon of Mapleine.


Sometimes we make them for dinner.  In fact, I don't think we've ever had them for breakfast!
Happy Friday!  ~See you tomorrow!








3 comments:

  1. Just made some Mapleine this morning to go with my hootenanny, but I love Swedish pancakes also. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make the Mapleine syrup too! My kids like it better than store bought syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used mapleine just yesterday to make creamy maple walnut syrup to go over our pumpkin pancakes.

    My dad used to make swedish pancakes and I LOVED them. We would fill them with jam - mmm - making me hungry:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...