Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Something to ponder...our real home

As I struggle daily to find balance in my life, I am drawn more and more to the scriptures (the Bible and the Book of Mormon).  A couple of days ago, I was very depressed.  I forced myself to read the scriptures~ as I try to do daily.  I kept reading, and gradually I was filled with a great peace.  A peace that made me realize what matters most in life...helping me understand more about balance.  The words on the pages came alive to me, as  God's word became clear.  I find myself excited to read the truths they contain.  With time, and as I pray for His guidance, I am beginning to realize just how personal they are for each of us.  That God is speaking to us personally through them as well as collectively.  The words of God are rich with wisdom for our time, and for each of us.

It has been said before, and I believe, that we are spiritual beings first.  We are spiritual beings (having lived with God before) now having a physical experience on earth.  Earth is not our true home.  Earth is a place for us to learn.  Learning how to be able to live with God once again is the goal.  Sometimes I yearn for my real Heavenly home.

These people understood this truth as they demonstrated their faith...

"By Faith, ABEL offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain (did)."
"By Faith, NOAH was warned and prepared an ark" (even when it wasn't yet raining)
"By Faith, ABRAHAM...obeyed...not knowing whither he went." (and by that same faith, he obeyed and was prepared to sacrifice his only son to God!  Imagine the relief he must have felt when he didn't have to go through with it!   But God allowed His much loved son (Jesus Christ) to be sacrificed.~I can't begin to imagine how hard it was for Him, and how much he loves us because he offered him a sacrifice for us.  I believe that God is teaching us about His love and the love of His son by having  Abraham go through this experience)

"By Faith, SARA received strength to conceive...a child...when she was past age~ because she
judged Him faithful who had promised."
"By Faith, ENOCH was translated (because) he pleased God."

All of these people referenced in Hebrews chapter 11, "died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth." verse 13.  They looked toward their Heavenly home and Father.

"For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country (a homeland or native place)" verse14 & 15 "They desire...a heavenly (country).  Wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city."

Am I seeking to learn, to know, and then to follow God's direction on earth as I look toward my next home?~the home that matters the most?  Am I preparing to meet Him?
"...concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection...all men...are taken HOME to that God who gave them life." ~Alma 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...