Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

homemade veggie/fruit cleaner +

IMG_5893

I love vinegar!  It is so inexpensive, natural, and has so many household uses.  I buy it in the biggest jug I can find.  (usually at Walmart).  It is great for cleaning almost anything!  I put about 1/4 cup vinegar in the spray bottle, and fill the rest with water.  I spray some in my colander when I am washing fruits and veggies from the grocery store, and then rinse them again with cool water.  I feel better knowing that my vegetables are getting clean safely.

I keep my spray bottle in the cupboard right next to the sink.  Besides cleaning fruits and veggies and cooking with it, I also use it to clean the tile floor in the kitchen. Simply spray and wipe with a damp cloth!  Do you have any other good uses for vinegar?

1 comment:

  1. Vinegar and hydrogen peroxide are the only things (ok, baking soda too) that I use to clean with. I put liquid fragrance in the vinegar to make the house smell great too- others use essential oil, but I'm too cheap. I also use vinegar to get the hard water spots off the glasses, a degreaser in the washing machine, weed killer, and buttermilk maker. Go massive jugs at Sam's Club! Great tip! I never thought to use it to wash fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...