Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DIY “vintage” Map Wall Art with scrapbook paper!



IMG_2506


I like old maps.  I like scrapbook paper.  I was therefore excited to find a vintage looking map in a 12"x12" sheet of scrapbook paper for only 99 cents! Immediately, I knew it was worth framing, and would look beautiful in my family room.   I bought the world map scrapbook paper at a scrapbook shop in Ohio during a family trip, but you can see it online here.  The product is PP 589-Amsterdam (B)
.
You may choose to have it custom framed, but that can be expensive.  Instead of doing that, I bought a square black frame at the same scrapbook store for $14.99.  (Check your local scrapbook store for one, or you can search and find one online such as this one...of course you must use your 40% off coupon, right?!!!) Just make sure it is square and will fit your scrapbook paper.  My frame didn't have a glass front.  I just used spray glue to mount it to the cardboard backing that came with the frame.

IMG_2592


IMG_2593


IMG_2713

If you have a minute, you must check here to see the other scrapbook paper that October Afternoon carries. They have a fantastic product line that is sure to whet your appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...