Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Bridal Shower Gift No. 2 idea

IMG_3744

Along with the personalized, etched, glass 9" x 13" pan,  I made a couple of other things to give the bride. One was a ruffled tea towel.  I serged and then finished the edges on a 16" x 26" piece of white cotton fabric.  Then I gathered fabrics in colors that would match her kitchen.  (I checked her gift registry to see her color scheme).  This bride chose red.  So I gathered some of my fabric scraps...white with red polka dots, and red floral.  To finish it off, I chose a black grosgrain ribbon.

IMG_3747


I cut the fabric into two long strips (about twice the width of the towel).  Each one is about 1 1/2" to 2" wide.  
I gathered each one separately, and then stitched them to the towel.  I stitched the bottom one on first, then pinned the top one so that it would overlap the polka dot ruffle slightly.  I then sewed the ribbon across the top raw edge of the floral ruffle.


IMG_3748






IMG_3751

Then, since she will be getting married in the Salt Lake City Temple,  I made her something extra special.  I printed the dedicatory prayer of that temple from 1893, rolled it up in a scroll, and tied it with ribbon.  A special remembrance of the significance of that holy house and its meaning in her life.  It was neat for me to read it, since that is where my husband and I were married for time and all eternity also.

Salt Lake Temple Sealing Room

This is one of the sealing rooms.  It is where couples are married.  
The bride and groom, both dressed in white, kneel at the altar facing each other.
  
Holding hands across the altar, the bride and groom make covenants with each other and with God, to
be faithful to one another, and to God, and keep His commandments.  Their families and friends sit behind them on either side.  Mirrors are placed on the walls across from each other, so the couple can symbolically see themselves together for eternity.  Couples that are sealed in the temple by Priesthood Authority in the name of Jesus Christ, and are faithful to their covenants, are set apart to be sealed for time and all eternity; not just 'til death do they part".

The sealing extends to their children as well.


"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."
~Mark 10:9






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...