Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

picture frame Terrarium


It is 70 degrees here in PA, and there is sunshine to boot!   I decided not to plant a garden this year since we will be out of town for an extended period of time this summer.  But that hasn't stopped me from taking advantage of this gorgeous weather and spending some time working out in the yard.

  I think it's time to share a little project with you!  When I did the Christmas home tour this year, I got so many compliments on my terrarium.  When I mentioned that it was made out of picture frames, everyone was so surprised!  I can't take credit for the idea.  I found it online.  It was a relatively inexpensive project for me, because I already had most of the frames.  I know that my 11x14 inch frames came from Walmart (those cheap $3 or so ones on the end caps), and the others either came from there also, or from the dollar store.  Some may have even come from yard sales!

I didn't take pictures during the process of making mine, and I can't remember where I got the idea, but I looked on the Internet and you can find all sorts of tutorials on how to make them~ like this one here.  The great thing is that you can switch out your display for the different seasons!  I really like mine, and leave it up year round.

Have a great day!

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...