Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

sweet autumn banner


It seems I'm always reluctant or slow to jump on the trend bandwagon.  Burlap banners have been popular for quite some time now.  I've always thought I could whip one out in no time.  However, I just never end up making it a priority.  In fact, I have had extra burlap in the basement and have been meaning to make some kind of banner with it for over a year!  This week, I finally did it.

I made a simple little pattern out of card stock and used it to cut out the burlap. I didn't want to take the time to stencil, so I just hand painted the letters in off white.  Then, I found a vintage embroidered handkerchief in my fabric stash, and decided to place it between the words.  I pinned and then sewed the burlap pieces to a strand of vintage orange binding along with vintage white scalloped lace that I picked up at a yard sale.  It is so sweet!  I love the lace, and I'm so glad I have extra to trim on skirts or use for other projects.





We're getting ready to rip up the carpet and tile to replace with hardwood.  More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...