Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Antique store treasures


It's another snow day for the kids...we're getting dumped on over here in pa! I'm starting to get a little tired of days off school.  It really throws me off schedule, and I know that we will have to make the days up later anyway.  My father in law's flight home today was cancelled also.  Its hard when you are traveling and in limbo...not sure when your flight will open up.

So, I feel like I have a lot to do, but also I am not motivated to do much of anything.  In fact, I kind of want to throw my "to do list" out the window and just make maple bars today!  It has been a while, and they sound so good right now.

I wanted to share some of my antique store finds.  While I was in Ohio over Christmas break, I went with my sister in law to a favorite antique store.  It is huge, and we could have easily spent the entire day there. Once I received my new fabric for curtains (which have yet to be actually made into curtains!), I was on the hunt for blue and white transferware dishes.


I found some beauties...




One of my favorites is this little finger plate with the sleigh scene on it!  Isn't it cute?  Please ignore the dust!


I forgot to take a picture of the platter I found.  It is oval, and has a farm scene on it.  It is actually tin, but you would never know with it hanging on my wall.  And I found two of them from two different vendors priced significantly different.

I found this pretty blue and white platter as well...


(They are sitting in my new china cabinet right now that I told you about in my last post).  I also got the topiary on the right.  It is probably better suited as a Christmas decoration only, but I want to enjoy it a while longer before I stash it away til next year.


Here are my sweet little cream tea cups that I picked up ages ago at a yard sale or thrift store.


I was happy to find this print of an old French cottage near Montreal.  It is from the 1950's.  My husband lived in Montreal for time while serving a mission for our church, so it has some significance to our family.


Here is what it says on the back.


Speaking of paintings, I am still working away!  I promise I will share soon!

Stay warm,
Robyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...