Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Reception Snapshots


Happy President's Day!  Here are the photos from the wedding reception that I promised.  You can read a little more about the idea behind it all here.  It was held in our church cultural hall...which is a bit of a challenge to decorate.  I didn't attempt to take photos in there because I wasn't sure how they would turn out.  However, the photographer (who happens to be a friend) shared these photos with me to use on my blog, and I just played around with them a little bit more for this post...


We only had about a week and a half to put it all together, and I think we did a pretty good job!  I mentioned before it was a kind of vintage picnic theme.   Her colors were aqua/blue and light pink.  We brought in my cruiser and I attached a basket to it with zip ties.  I hot glued hemp twine to my vintage chalkboard and wrote their initials in a heart and hung it from the handlebars.  I filled the basket with extra baby's breath tucked inside a brown paper gift bag.


We set up a little picnic area with a basket of sparkling cider & crackers draped with a vintage feed sack and hydrangea bouquet on a blue and white gingham wool blanket.  We raided our houses for most of the decorations.  


Here I am with the bride!  My friend (the bride's mother) sewed bunting from vintage fabric scraps and we hung them around the room.  It was especially cute hanging along the wall where my cruiser was and the picnic area, but I don't have a photo of that.  Also, there was a big chippy white flower potting table with old shutters on it and green plants.  Next to that was a little black wrought iron cafe table and chairs for the couple to sit at when the receiving line slowed down...no pictures of those cute little areas either.  :(  We had lots of friends from church who helped out.  It was a lot of fun.


In the background is the monogram sign I painted from plywood that I told you about a couple of posts ago.  Wasn't the cake so simple and yet so elegant?  I thought it was beautiful.


We brought in a vintage record player and hooked up a microphone next to it for the music.


Sorry I don't have a photo of the centerpieces, but we used blue mason jars and filled them with fresh white tulips.  We stacked a couple of vintage books next to them tied with twine.  Also in the centerpiece was a pint size jar filled with baby's breath.



We had "engineer prints" made from photos of the couple and mounted them on foam board.  I used a vintage suitcase to hold cards from guests.  I saw the idea on pinterest...I glued twine across the top of the lid and strung each card stock letter with clothespins.


Here is another of the engineer prints.  (sorry for the bad angle of the photograph).


Remember the cupcake carrier I made?  When we turned it upside down, it was perfect for the cake to sit on.  I just had to paint the bottom cream first.


It was a lot of fun, and I was pleased with how well it all turned out.  Simple, but cute.  The food table looked really great too, but unfortunately I don't have any photos of that either.  It was a beautiful evening for a beautiful couple.

I guess I will sign off now.  Here is Grace's little snow girl waving good bye.  :)




5 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling! I just love the vintage-y feel of it. They must have been thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, they were! I wish I had photos of the whole room, but at least you got the idea. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the bike, Robyn! Church gyms aren't easy to decorate -- darn those basketball hoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and those three point lines...though my husband and sons may not agree!

      Delete
  3. Bonuses d7f03j8j29 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags in uk d7u50q6y59 replica bags wholesale india Read More Here k6z94o9w26 replica bags india Clicking Here r0x73w4t77 bags replica ysl replica bags wholesale in divisoria c9u50d5t00

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...