Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine Decorating



It's almost Valentine's Day!  We went to the temple last night in Manhattan.  It was such a wonderful experience.  I feel so much closer to Jesus Christ whenever I go, and I understand His plan for me.  I am so grateful we were able to go, and I hope all of you will plan to go too!  I know you will be eternally grateful. Every time I go, I learn something new.

When you enter the main level of the Manhattan temple, you will see this huge wall of stained glass depicting Jesus and two of His apostles on the road to Emmaus.  We actually have a little town named Emmaus nearby.  (which is appropriate because we live in Nazareth and Bethlehem is not far as well.  :)  Not long ago I was in "our" Emmaus, and I couldn't help but think about what it must have been like for the apostles to walk and talk with Jesus along the road to the real Emmaus.  To think that He cares about each individual and would walk and talk with them.



The reception decorations turned out great!  I am waiting to get pictures from the photographer to post.  The room was a bit dark, and I was unsure of how my photos would turn out, so I didn't take any.  Hopefully I will be able to share soon!

Here are a few of my Valentine decorations.  I saw this glitter puffy heart in the window of a floral shop, and almost begged them to sell it to me!  I thought it was so cute, and knew I wouldn't be able to find one anywhere else.  They had some others, so they finally agreed. :)  I didn't like the ribbon that was on it, so I put my own pink one on and hung it from a standing lamp that I found at a thrift store.  (spray painted the base white and added a new lampshade)



Remember how I used to have stripes above my garage door?  Well, I got tired of them so I painted over it with chalkboard paint and drew the following...


I pulled out my pretty rose wreath that I picked up years ago.  I love the deep red.


I was thinking of making my Two Ingredient Truffles, but we have had so much chocolate around here already, that I think I will have to pass on that this year!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, but I do have to admit I will miss the black stripes. wink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...