Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

With a little can of black spray paint...


I gave my turntable a face lift.  Years ago, a dear, sweet lady gave me this reproduction of an old radio when she moved.  You have probably seen similar ones in retail stores.  It gets radio signal and houses a cd player and a turntable.  I was thrilled because I have a lot of old records.  I never really liked the wood finish though (too reddish for my liking), but I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle painting it.  

Then, when I re decorated my sun room, I decided I wanted to put it on my antique buffet table.  The wood finishes clashed, so I knew it was time to take the plunge.  It took a bit of work, but I taped off all the dials and speakers with masking tape.  Then I hauled it out to the garage and gave it two light coats of inexpensive flat black paint.  


And I lOVE it!  It is so much more my style.


It reminds me to never underestimate what a little can of black spray paint can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...