Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

~Keeping Slipcovers in place & Yard Sale Finds



Do you have trouble keeping slipcovers tucked in place on your sofas?  I've tried all sorts of things, and finally found an inexpensive solution that seems to work!  My friend told me about this great tip...Roll up magazines, and secure them with lots of rubber bands.  (I just picked up a bag of rubber bands from the Dollar Tree).  Then tuck the rolled magazines into the sides of the sofa, back of the seat cushions, and wherever else you need the slipcover to stay put.  Push them down as far as you can, or your teenager might pull one out and say, "Mom, look what I found?!"

It has been about a week, and so far the slipcover has stayed in place...



I stopped at a couple of yard sales this summer.  There don't seem to be too many around these days in my neck of the woods.  That's ok, because I don't really need much.  I did decide to keep an eye out for ski pants for the boys though, since they have outgrown theirs.  Grace really wanted to go one day, and not only did we find the snow pants, but we found a couple of other fun treasures... Like this cute bag...



And this vintage set of salt and pepper shakers.  They are sitting in my kitchen windowsill.  I love them, and think I paid $1.00 for the pair!


Have a great weekend,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...