Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Decorating for Fall



I don't usually do a lot of decorating for the holidays, but little bits of orange are popping up all over the house this year, with faux pumpkins sprinkled throughout.  I found that my vintage Polaroid Camera case fits in well with the orange theme.

My orange stripey straws stay out all year long, but look especially good in the fall.  :)



I just popped the yellow flowers into a jar and set them right into my vintage milk glass vase...they aren't secured at all.  I love the little bit of yellow.




I found the perfect place for my sweet autumn burlap banner.  Last year I had it hanging in front of the fireplace, but I like it so much better here. (Sorry for the photo, it is so hard to shoot towards the window.)  The "tablecloth" is a couple of yards of fabric that I found in the basement...it's black with white polka dots.



I guess I'm getting a head start on Thanksgiving as well!  I decided I really needed to be more positive and focus on my blessings, so I found an old notebook and put a little scrapbook paper on the front and labeled it.  I'm learning that gratitude is not just being grateful for things.  It is being grateful for the situations and circumstances we find ourselves in in life...no matter how hard.  It is understanding that all of our experiences are our for our growth and ultimate joy.



And I even lit some candles the other day while I wrote in my journal... A conscious effort to take a little time to appreciate the simple pleasures in life.



2 comments:

  1. I just love your posts, Robyn! Your home looks just right to me. I think fall decorating needs to fit in with your style and comfort level. Little touches make me happy. Your gratitude journal is something I've always wanted to do and never have. It's such a good idea though! Our lives have been very very stressful lately and worry is all I do. I had a moment yesterday where I realized that maybe I should just look at things differently. A gratitude journal would help with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Yes, I do think it is all about perspective. I struggle with that myself!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...